If you have a domain registered with us, you can also create subdomains. A subdomain is an extension of your domain name. For instance a subdomain of pcexample.nl would be help.pcexample.nl.
Your Webhosting package allows you to add as many subdomains as you want via FTP. After you’ve created a new subdomain, you can request an SSL certificate for the subdomain through our control panel.
Table of contents
How to add a subdomain
Follow these steps to add a subdomain to one of your existing domain names.
- Connect to your webspace using Filezilla. If you don’t know how to do this, please follow this guide;
- Navigate to your htdocs folder;
- Click the right mouse button and select Create directory;
- You can give this folder any name you want;
- Creating this folder will allow you to visit it through your browser.
Request SSL certificate
To make sure your subdomain is available through a secure connection you’ll need to request a SLL certificate. This can be done by adding your subdomain to the router of your webhosting package. We can only provide a SSL certificate when both hosting and domain registration are handled by PCextreme.
- Click the Products & Services button at the top of your screen;
- Navigate towards DOMAINS, DNS & CLB in the left-hand menu;
- Select Caching Load Balancer;
- Click the Routers option in the menu that pops up;
- Now select the router affiliated with your Webhosting package;
- In the following overview page, click Add domain;
- Fill in the full name of your subdomain and click Add domain;
- The domain has now been added to the router. Your SSL certificate should be active in 1-2 hours.